The IEEE Switzerland Section condemns all aggression and war towards any countries.
We support a diverse co-existence of all people and IEEE members in our Region 8 and world-wide and ask all IEEE members to follow the IEEE code of Ethics.
We ask the global IEEE leadership and the Region 8 leadership to act strongly towards IEEE members who violate the IEEE code of Ethics by expelling them from IEEE, as one of the foremost aims of IEEE is to foster advance in technology for human kind and not to foster aggression, disinformation and war.
List of resources to help
ETH/CERN/IPA support initiative
A Word from the Chair
We welcome our long standing and new members.
IEEE in Switzerland comprises:
- Approximately 2’452 members (after yearly service deactivation each February)*
- The gender distribution of our section is 83.4% male, 6.5% female and 10.1% unknown*
- IEEE executive committee (ExCom) which contains the officers plus chapter/affinity group/working group chairs.
- 17 technical chapters
- 3 affinity groups (Life Members, Women in Engineering and Young Professionals)
- 1 working group on “Blockchain and Decentralized Systems”
- 1 working group on “Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology (SIGHT)”
- 2 student branches: at ETH Zürich, EPF Lausanne
IEEE Switzerland section became 60 years old in December 2020, it is one of the four oldest sections in Region 8, Europe.
IEEE Switzerland runs events as a section and also sponsors chapter events.
The IEEE Switzerland section executive committee is interested in hearing from you about events you would like to attend or organize.
* Data retrieved on 22.06.2021, for a total number of 2’452 members. The individual gender percentages do not make up 100% as they are correlated to give closest value to positive integer number of people.”