A Word from the Chair
We welcome our long standing and new members.
IEEE in Switzerland comprises:
- Approximately 2’400 members in March 2020 (after yearly service deactivation each February)
- The gender distribution of our section is 84.8% male, 6.11% female and 9% unknown*, in March 2020
- IEEE executive committee (ExCom) which contains the officers plus chapter/affinity group/working group chairs.
- 16 technical chapters
- 3 affinity groups (Life Members, Women in Engineering and Young Professionals)
- 1 working group on “Blockchain and Decentralized Systems”
- 1 working group on “Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology (SIGHT)”
- 2 student branches: at ETH Zürich, EPF Lausanne
IEEE Switzerland section will be 60 years old in December 2020, it is one of the four oldest sections in Region 8, Europe.
IEEE Switzerland runs events as a section and also sponsors chapter events.
The IEEE Switzerland section executive committee is interested in hearing from you about events you would like to attend or organize.
Dr. Maria-Alexandra Paun
IEEE Switzerland Chair
* Data retrieved on 24.03.2020, for a total number of 2’421 members. The individual gender percentages do not make up 100% as they are correlated to give closest value to positive integer number of people.”
Annual General Assembly and ExCom Meeting
The 2021 Annual General Assembly of the section will be held online on Tuesday 27th of April 2021, 14:00-17:00
The invitation for the GA as well as the agenda can be found here: Invitation and Agenda for GA 2021 .
Additional details about items to be voted:
Region 8 split proposal
Short bios of new officers
2020 IEEE CH GA Minutes
The next ExCom meeting will take place also online on the same day, before the General Assembly, at 12:00-14:00
Local organization: Gabriel Laupre, SB Chair EPFL
Time and date: 17:00-19:00, Every last Monday of the month if facilities are open. Restarts June 2021
Venue: Sushizen Restaurant, Building DEM, EPFL Campus